Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Simpsons Movie

Satire-

·         The government listens to everyone’s conversations

·         “If you have a greasier sandwich, you’re in Mexico!”

·         “The government actually found someone we’re looking for!”

·         Arnold S. elected as President of the United States

·         Homer is stuck between a rock and a hard place

Puns-

·         Harry Popper (the pig)

·         “Black is the worst color! Oh, sorry Carl”- Lenny

“It’s ok I get it all the time.”- Carl

·         “I was elected to lead not to read”- Arnold S.

·         Dome Depot

·         “There aren’t any answers in here!”- Homer flipping through the Bible

Irony-

·         “For once the rich white man is in power”- Mr. Burns

·         “Don’t look where I’m pointing!”

·         “I’m troubled, I’ll stop tomorrow”

·         “If you don’t believe me, believe in America”

·         The sign in the Simpson’s home that says “God bless this house” and the house is destroyed

Parody-

·         Green Day

·         Spiderpig

·         The Inconvenient Truth

·         The scissor lift

·         The Titanic

No comments:

Post a Comment